Name: Linda Blatchford
Etsy shop name: http://lindab142.etsy.com
lindab142 (I didn’t know when I signed up that your username was your shop name and I don’t want to change it because everyone knows me as Linda B.)
1. What kind of materials do you use in your creations?
Swarovski crystals, various gemstones, glass beads, lampwork beads, sterling silver and other findings, stamped greeting cards, ink and pipe cleaners for new bead cards / bookmark product idea.
2. How did you get into this from or art?
I made a bracelet at a women’s event and enjoyed it because it was so relaxing. Then I went to a bead show and the eye candy was too much. I had to bead.
3. What inspires you? Do you have a plan before you make a piece, or do the materials “speak” to you?
I’m inspired by others giving me feedback on existing designs, making design adaptations from Beadstyle magazine and laying out beads on my beadboard to see how they’ll look. I get ideas while driving or in the shower.
Sometimes, I just start stringing and see what happens. Two of these resulted in items I can’t part with.
4. Do you have a certain design style?
I range from classic looks to asymetrical designs. I choose colors first or gemstone meanings for healing purposes. I like working with glass and gemstone pendants.
5. What is your favorite technique?
Making earrings with different lengths of bead or a bracelet or necklace with a repeating design.
I’d like to learn more about beadweaving and wire wrapping, but I’m having fun doing what I’m doing for now.
6. Other than Etsy, where could someone find your creations?
7. What is your favorite part of being a member of EtsyBEAD?
The friendliness of other members. And knowing that I can be mentored and that team members can help each other to be successful.