Etsy shop name: Julie’s Jewels
Etsy User ID: http://ljjnjm.etsy.com
Location: Nhill, Victoria, Australia
1. What kind of materials do you use in your creations?
I love using – Sterling Silver, Gemstones, Artisan Lampwork, Artisan Polymer Clay, Swarovski Crystals to name a few.
2. How did you get into this form of art?
I started by doing a few Christmas decorations with cheap plastic beads for family & friends and enjoyed it so much that I took a big breath and jumped in feet first. Now my office looks like a bead shop…
3. What inspires you? Do you have a plan before you make a piece, or do the materials “speak” to you?
I make a lot of pieces from photo’s or a theme – like my new Zodiac series I’m doing (check the blog for more info). Also I’ll pick up a set of beads and then they will turn themselves into something – maybe not exactly what I had in mind.
4. Do you have a certain design style?
I don’t think I have a certain style – it’s just what hits me on a particular day or moment in time.
5. What is your favorite technique?
I’m not sure I have one – I create lots of different things and always on the lookout for something new to try and perhaps master.
6. Other than Etsy, where could someone find your creations?
7. What is your favorite part of being a member of EtsyBEAD?
The friendship and support that the members give is so rewarding. I love joining in the sales like EBTW each week and just being around a group of like minded artists. That’s rare over here in Australia – especially in a rural area.